JDCF is working on getting a grant for a 3-D Printing system.
What is 3D printing? 3D printing or additive manufacturing is a process of making three dimensional solid objects from a digital file.
A small list of examples and applications are listed to the right; however, the list could go on. These are just a few examples and JDCF wants to be a part of teaching others about this amazing new technology.
Stay tuned for more information.
Examples & Applications of 3-D printing
• Rapid prototyping
• Architectural scale models & maquettes
3-D printed prosthetics
3-D printing with human tissue
• Medical Industry
• Reconstructing fossils in paleontology
• Replicating ancient artifacts in archaeology
• Reconstructing bones and body parts in
• Reconstructing heavily damaged evidence
acquired from crime scene investigations.